Thursday, February 21, 2008

Scarf!



It's kind of hard to tell in this photo, but this scarf is in two different colors. The first half was done in Manos del Uruguay's French Blue, yarn that I'd bought in Oakland on the way to the San Francisco airport in anticipation of a long delay. I cast on 26 stitches in k1, p1 on 5.5mm needles (in honor of my 26th year of life, which was starting 3 days later), and ended up wanting a longer scarf than one hank created, so I had my Oakland buddy Darin go back to the yarn store for more from the same dye lot. Sadly, they were out, so over the phone, he described various other colors. We ended up settling for Juniper, which has a teal-green cast to it.



There is a straight-up swap of the two colors about halfway through the scarf (the Juniper hank ended up knitting about 6 inches longer than the French Blue), and with a wrap around the neck, you've got two shades of bright blue in front! And it's warm......

No comments: